关于夏天的英文句子 简短表达,学起来
三伏天。我们总是说文化是有相通性的,正巧,在英语中,就有一个词组是专门被用来表达七、八月份这段最热的天气。那就是dog days。(可不是“狗日子”哦~)
古罗马人认为每年七八月份的酷热是太阳加上天狼星的热能造成的,加之天狼星在英语里叫“the dog star”,“dog days”由此而来。比如说:
I can do nothing except for swimming in the dog days.
在三伏天里,除了游泳,我什么事也做不成。
high summer
盛夏/仲夏,也可以指鼎盛时期,全盛时期
He likes swimming in high summer.
他喜欢在盛夏游泳。
in the height of summer
在盛夏
I wouldn't go there in the height of summer.
我不会在盛夏时节去那里的。
the summer of one's life
正值壮年
It's the biggest summer of his professional life.
现在正值他职业生涯的壮年时期。
summer house
避暑别墅,夏舍
He visited relatives at their summer house on the river.
他去看望了住在河畔避暑别墅的亲戚。
LEARNING单词拓展
空调:air conditioner
冷饮:cold drinks
紫外线:UV(ultraviolet)
日光浴:sunbathing
中暑:heatstroke/sunstroke
太阳镜:sunglasses
人字拖:flip-flops
防晒霜:sunblock
三伏天:dog days
盛夏/仲夏:high summer
暑假:summer holidays
冰棍:popsicle
冰激凌:ice cream

最后,让我们读一首
充满夏日童趣的小诗吧!
《夏之眠 Bed in Summer》
In winter I get up at night
冬日晨曦未露却须起床
And dress by yellow candle-light.
借着黄色烛光穿好衣裳
In summer, quite the other way,
夏日来到一切完全颠倒
I have to go to bed by day.
天还大亮却非要我上床
I have to go to bed and see
人卧床上却东张西望
The birds still hopping on the tree,
鸟儿依然在树梢跃荡
Or hear the grown-up people’s feet
听闻大人们屋边碎步
Still going past me in the street.
依然沿街来来又往往
And does it not seem hard to you,
若是你难道不倍感哀伤?
When all the sky is clear and blue,
明亮蔚蓝无云晴天空旷
And I should like so much to play,
都知道我如此喜欢玩耍
To have to go to bed by day?
却必须大白天就得上床?